Sony announces HXR-NX100 camcorder
Video: Sogod Bay in 4K
This weeks Earth Touch Wild Oceans episode is from Sogod Bay, southern Philippines. Filmed in 4K, cameraman Stewart Whitfield shows the beauty of this dive and the incredible quality of the reef. Look out for damselfish, masked porcupinefish, a magnificently camouflaged spiny devilfish and soft corals.
Spaces available: Raja Ampat September 2016
GoPro announces HERO+ LCD
Asus announces 100% Adobe RGB monitor
Asus has announced a 4K/UHD monitor that can display the whole Adobe RGB color space. Engadget reports that the PA329Q monitor also has a 16-bit look up table and support for the BT2020 / DCI-P3 video color space. It is pre-calibrated but also offers the “highest compatibility with hardware calibration devices”.
Video: Palau’s Paradise: Ocean Wonders Worth Protecting
Google announces Photos App
Google has released details of their new standalone Photos app. This allows unlimited free online storage for images at up to 16MP resolution and videos up to 1080p. If required, Google offers storage of up 100GB at $1.99/month and 1TB at $9.99/month that will allow users to store images at higher resolutions.
Report: CMAS World Underwater Photography Championship
Rob Aarsen attended the CMAS World Championship and has kindly shared his report from the event with Wetpixel. It was held in Zeeland, The Netherlands, from 21 to 25 May. The Championship has been running since 1985, and is now in its fifteenth iteration. We also feature all the winning images from the contest.
- Bioluminescence: nature lights up (via BBC)
- Chernobyl mammals tracked in snow (via BBC)
- Audio slideshow: Exploring Africa (via BBC)
- The amazing wildlife of Africa (via BBC)
- The secret lives of giants (via BBC)
- In pictures: midwinter magic (via BBC)
- Jack W. Lavanchy awarded EUF Honorary Vice President title (via African Diver)
- Mapping the world’s vertebrates (via BBC)
- In pictures: Celebrating ecology (via BBC)
- Our World Underwater and DEEP Indonesia (via African Diver)